There are changes you can make at home to optimise your connection and improve your internet speeds. Below are some of the common ways by which customers have improved their connection.
With your router:
- Reduce the number of devices connected to your router at any one time.
- Relocate the router to a more central position with less physical barriers for the Wi-fi using a longer ethernet cable (cat5E or above).
- Plug your device directly into the router with an ethernet cable (cat5E or above).
- Purchase a Wi-fi extender from an electronics store.
- Turn the router off and on again.
With your device:
- Clear your browsing data (cache).
- Ensure device is up to date by checking for pending software updates.
If none of the above helps to improve the speeds you are experiencing and you would like us to take a look at your connection for you, email us at email@example.com with your customer ID and query.