From January 1 2020, you will no longer be able to use your University of Waikato username and password to log-in to Lightwire Prepay.
This means that if you currently log-in to Lightwire Prepay using a Waikato username, or email address that ends with "@waikato.ac.nz" or "@students.waikato.ac.nz", you'll need to change your username if you want to continue accessing the Lightwire Prepay service after January 1 2020.
How to change your username
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from the email account associated with your Waikato address so that we can validate you as the owner of the account.
- In your email to us, provide us with an alternative email account to use - for example, a personal email address, like Gmail.
- Do not send us your current password
- We will then contact you at your alternative email address, to set up your new username and provide you with a new password.
- You can then log-in to your Lightwire Prepay account using your new username and password, and change your password if required.
When do I need to make this change?
You can email us at any time before or after January 1 2020 to make this change. However, if you have not completed the username change before January 1 2020, you will not be able to log-in to Lightwire Prepay again until you complete the change.
What will happen to my current Prepay credit?
Your Prepay credit and topups will not be affected by this change - your new username will have access to your existing credit and topups.