Lightwire applies some fees to cover certain situations. These fees are standard for Rural Wireless customers.
Late Payment Fee
A fee of $17.25 incl GST is charged on invoices where an overdue balance has carried over. To avoid this fee please ensure that the account is paid in full on or before the due date of the 20th of the month.
Postal Statement Charge
Lightwire's preference is to issue invoices by email in all cases. If a postal invoice is required a monthly fee of $5 incl GST is charged to cover printing and postage costs.
Early Termination Fees
Lightwire requires a six or 12 month contract term on new installations. The fees incl GST for exiting this contract early are:
- Six Month contract: Plan charge times the number of months remaining in the contract
- Twelve Month contract: $500 if cancelling within the first 6 months of the term, reducing to $250 if cancelling within the second 6 months
After the expiry of the contract term 30 days notice applies for cancellation.
If you are relocating to a new address and require installation at the new property certain fees may apply:
- If you are currently in an existing contract term a one off fee of $149 incl GST applies to cover technician time, along with the restarting of the existing contract term.
- If you are not currently in a contract term the installation would be completed according to our new connection contracts, ie free with a 12 month term, or at a cost of $149 incl GST with a six month term.
- If you are moving to an address that isn't serviced by Lightwire Rural (ie outside of our coverage area or to an urban address) disconnection would be required as per our standard termination policies.
In some cases Lightwire may charge the cost of a technician visit. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Work that has been requested by the customer (for example relocating the router, reinstalling hardware after renovations);
- Support visits where no fault is found;
- And support visits where the technician finds that our equipment has been damaged, or the fault has been caused by third party (for example cabling being cut during renovations, chewed by an animal, or the alignment of our radio dish being affected by a third party contractor).
The visit fee is $150 incl GST.
Technician visits to repair faults with Lightwire equipment or workmanship under our responsibility are in general completed at no charge.
Other fees may be applied by Lightwire in other situations. These will be advised at the time.