There are a few things you can do to increase the internet speeds you experience while browsing the web or streaming media content.
With your WiFi router:
- Move your device (i.e. computer, tablet, smart phone or smart tv) closer to your router
- Reduce the number of devices connected to your router at any one time
- Plug your computer, smart TV or other device directly in to the router with a network (ethernet) cable. We recommend this especially for smart TVs.
- Ensure your router is in a central location for the devices needing to be connected; reduce physical barriers for the WiFi, such as concrete walls
- If you need to extend the WiFi range to another part of your house or property, consider getting a WiFi repeater or access point (AP).
- Turn your router off and on again
With your device (i.e. computer, tablet, smart phone or smart tv):
- Clear your devices’ browsing data (cache) so your browser can load quicker
- Ensure your devices’ software updates are complete
If none of the above points help you to experience the speeds you need, give us a call on 0800 12 13 14 and we can run a few checks for you.